NET-A-PORTER.COM Irresistible fashion, delivered to your door. Shop Now
Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 25 April 2010

sorry about the layout


What's better than the streetstyle showcased during fashion week, why festival month of course.

I love how each look seem to represent the journey of each individual and how they happen to still be standing here with us today.

Musics always come before fashion for as long as i can remember. Most of my looks are heavily influence by the music I listen to and so are the looks of the people that influence me, so again I love mapping out the journey of an individuals look.
And I may arguably not be part of the
MTV generation but MTV was defiantly my equivalent of vogue back inthe day. Whatever they wore I'd try to recreate and I remember the day
I turned six and my mom know longer had to layout my outfits on my bed
anymore and I could wear hatever I wanted. I remember one look being a purple pollarneck matched with the exact colour of purple leggings...yeah, again, I was six and back then my
favourite teacher's name was violet.

So I won't be going for a full blown festival weekend so I won't have to worry about packing loads of clothes with me. Personally I'm still to immature and paranoid to do the tent thing. As
much as I'd love to I'd be to freaked out that someone stellng my stuff and be to worried about over packing. I would have gone to download since I was dying to hear Deftones
live if it weren't for me having exams that week...

So this festival season I hope to see more characters than dudes you could easily read who there their to see. I'll personally be referencing Hendrix eccentrics looks, hippies of course for the simplicity in actual clothing but gift of accessorising, the native Indian or more specifically Pocahontas, for that free spirited feather look and turquoise
jewelry that's a hit this summer.

The exHentrixs
Inspired by the stage presence if Jimi himself, pairing a tailcoat
with a ditsy summer dress is a statement that will last longer than a
song.
Tailcoat - Mathew Williamson or Emilio pucci?, Dress -
Printed wedges - Givenchy
Backpack - £40 TOPSHOP, Ring - £7 TOPSHOP, Floral tights - £12 TOPSHOP















The free bird
An outfit your sure to dance all night in, you can do know wrong with
this one.
Feather coat - ?TOPSHOP
Top - £18 TOPSHOP
Pants - Bess
Bag - Alexander Wang
Wedges - Givenchy


















The Green peace
Feel free in this season must have colour khaki green. Match the early
colour with jewelry you find sentimental and feel the love
Dress - £40 TOPSHOP Boutique
Headband - givenchy
Top - Alexander Wang
Skirt - Proenza Schouler
Shoes Bess
Wedges - ?















Def-tones
Low temperature, high personality, you don't have to look like a
rainbow puked on you to grab the right attention during fashion week.
Coat - All Saints
Dress - Anna Sui
Bowler hat - available in zara
Ring - Roberto cavalli
Bag - £35 TOPSHOP
Gladiator sandals

















The laundry bag
throw togther all your favourit pieces, even if they
don't match it's all about getting together everything and everyone
you love
Coat - £65 TOPSHOP
Dress - Proenza Schoular
Boots - Chloe
Bag - £55 TOPSHOP
Ring - £115 ysl artsy ring















The solo
for the metal fans
Cardigan - ?
Sunglasses - £12 TOPSHOP
Bag - Alexander Wang
Boots - Chloe
Headband - Givenchy
Skirt - TOPSHOP
Bralet - you can find a similar one at H&m
Pants - Balmain















Voodoo child
Like a rag doll this outfit is pinned together with various bits and
pieces from musical genres and fashionable decades to create a truly
unique festival baby. I'll probably obt for this look this season as
it will be my first time, and I'd love to make a good first impression.
Cardigan - ?
Top - £18 TOPSHOP
Bag - Alexander Wang
Shorts - Kate Moss TOPSHOP
Ring - ysl
Headband - Givenchy
Shoes - Chloe

6 comments:

Eleanor said...

Great post - really good outfits. And errrr, the Topshop jacket in 'the laundry bag' - where did you find that?! I can't see it on the website and I need that coat in my life! Haha. E x

Bird said...

This post is fantastic one of your best ever! im so impressed and inspired!!

ok questions.

where is that ring in the second section from? and do u know where i can track down a ysl artsy ring they are all gone on net a porter and such.
those kate moss topshop shorts are amazing

Anonymous said...

yeah! nice post! and the looks super cute! one big kiss!



peace and love
♥noor♥
http://my-blog-noor.blogspot.com/

melanie said...

Such a creative post! Where can I find the "I L Y" tank (vest) in "The Solo" look? Feeling it.....do more like this. You're so good at collaging.

Louise Honey said...

Amazing! Free Bird would be my look! great post! xx

style crystal said...

Nice!!
BTW, i think those LEOPARD wedges are from TOPSHOP